Cavity wall insulation customer journey
Domestic & General follows a set process for all cavity wall insulation installations, ensuring the highest quality in workmanship and efficiency.
The process of installing cavity wall insulation generally follows a set of key steps to ensure efficient and quality work:
- One of our friendly surveyors visits your property to advise you on the cavity wall insulation system that will best suit the property.
- Our surveyor will advise you of the cost for installing cavity wall insulation and any non-repayable grant that you may be entitled to. Should you be eligible for a grant, it may be necessary to carry out further steps, such as a technical survey or Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), before the funding can be claimed.
- We arrange a convenient time for one of our installation crews to come and carry out the work.
- All loose items around the property are removed and temporarily stored away from the wall surface. Existing pipes, services, balanced flues and airgrades are checked to determine functionality. If required, any plant growth is either restrained or cut back to clear the working area.
- Installation of the cavity wall insulation commences once the site is prepared and safe. Each elevation of the property has small holes drilled out in compliance with the BBA specification so that insulation can be blown through the outer wall into the cavity.
- Once all walls have been treated, the holes are filled and the site is cleaned and previously removed items are replaced.
- Final inspection of site is completed with you before the job is signed off. You enjoy reduced heating bills in a warm and cosy environment.
What are the benefits of cavity wall insulation?
Cavity wall insulation can provide a number of benefits once it has been installed, such as the following:
- Provides a high level of thermal efficiency – warm in winter; cool in summer
- Reduces energy consumption and therefore heating bills
- Less demand on boilers
- Reduces condensation and black mould growth
- No maintenance required
- No disruption to inside your home
- Quick installation times – around two hours for a three-bed semi-detached house
- All systems are BBA (British Board of Agrément) approved
- A variety of cavity wall insulation systems are available
Looking for new roof materials to further insulate your roof, then see the new range of rubber roofing products available for sale today. More.